I cannot believe how good this dish turned out! My husband and I have been talking about getting healthy again and we wanted to start eating good stuff. I chanced upon this recipe on Instagram (thanks @erwan !) and adjusted it according to taste. It’s very quick and easy – plus it’s soooooper tasty! My husband and I devoured it in minutes and we couldn’t believe something so good would be healthy!
First of all, the only ingredients you need are the following:
- 1/2 head of cauliflower – this depends on the size of the cauliflower. In the US, these tend to be big (you need 2 hands to hold the entire head) so half of it is good. In Asian countries, the cauliflower is a bit smaller (one hand to cover the head) so you should use the entire head
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 4 strips of bacon, chopped – you can opt for turkey bacon to make it really healthy. I still go with the pork bacon for the taste. This is the only “unhealthy” ingredient here but it brings out the taste
- Olive oil or vegetable oil for frying
- 2 fried eggs, with salt and pepper, optional – you can add this when you serve the cauliflower rice
- Put the cauliflower in the food processor or blender. Set it to low, if using a blender, just to make sure it doesn’t liquify it. You want the cauliflower to be like small rice grains after blending. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat up the oil and put the onions to cook. About 2 minutes later, add the garlic.
- When garlic is starting to turn brown, put onions and garlic to the sides of the pan. Cook bacon in the middle of the pan until you achieve level of crispiness desired.
- Stir in cauliflower rice and mix everything in the pan. Add salt and pepper accordingly. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- In a separate pan, fry eggs. Add salt and pepper to the eggs.
- Put the egg on top of the cauliflower bacon rice and serve hot.